The VTCT Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Beauty Therapy (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills through the following units;
– Prepare and maintain salon treatment work areas
– Contribute to the development of effective working
– Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety.
2 optional units to be selected:
– Assist with facial skincare treatments
– Assist with Day makeup
– Assist with nail services
– Assist with Salon reception duties
To underpin this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety and you will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the skills required to support you in the beauty therapy industry such as salon reception duties, retail displays and working with others.
Following the Course You Will:
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following VTCT qualifications:
– Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
Progression opportunities also exist in the form of specialist VTCT vocationally related qualifications and many more:
– Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist techniques (QCF)
– Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Beauty Services (QCF)
– Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Services (QCF)
This qualification may also lead directly into supervised employment in the beauty therapy industry.
A willingness to learn, self motivated and good organisational skills are essential.
In this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of reference. In this portfolio it will confirm the knowledge, understanding
and skills that you will learn.
You will have the following criteria:
– Observed work
– Witness statements
– Audio-visual media
– Evidence of prior learning or attainment – Written questions
– Oral questions
– Case studies